Fire hose is one of the most important tools used by the fire department. As such, the following specification must be strictly adhered to unless the proposed specification exceeds specifications listed. Only the fire department can determine if a proposed product meets and exceeds these specifications.
*Outer Jacket 100% Polyester Filament Yarn
*Inner Jacket/Liner Synthetic Yarn with Nitrile Rubber Extruded-thru-the-Weave Resulting in a One-Piece Construction
*Markings One Inch Wide White Stripe with Border Tracer Lines Runs Length of Hose on Both Sides
*Pre-Dyed Yarns Day-Glo Yellow, Green
High Rise Packs Ideal for Internal Attack Line
Municipal Attack Line Master Stream Appliances
Outstanding for CAFS Operations Confined Space Fire Fighting
*Oversized 1.88” Waterway Delivers More Water with Very Low Friction Loss
*Virtually Kink Resistant, Unbeatable Anti-Kink Performance
*Higher Pressure Rating than Conventional Hose – 1000 PSI
*Incredible Puncture Resistance
*Lowest Drag Coefficient Available Resulting in Less Abrasion
*Lightweight for Reduced Firefighter Fatigue
*Highly Visible Day-Glo Colors of Green and Yellow Pre Dyed Yarns
*ISO 9001-2008 Quality Certified
- NFPA Standard: The hose must meet all the requirements of NFPA 1961, Standard on Fire Hose (Current Edition).
- Jackets: The jackets shall be evenly and firmly woven, free from unsightly defects, dirt, knots, lumps, and irregularities of twist that might affect the serviceability of the finished product. Each jacket shall be seamless and shall have polyester filler yarns woven around the hose throughout its length, with the warp ends interwoven with the warp yarn covering the filler yarns.
Warp ends of both the inner and outer jackets shall be high-tenacity filament polyester developed, designed and processed for the fire hose jacket filler yarns. The use of any warp yarns of entangled filament construction is expressly forbidden.
Filler yarns of both the inner and outer jackets shall be high-tenacity filament polyester developed, designed, and processed for fire hose jacket filler yarns. These filament polyester yarns shall be free from defects that are unsightly or may affect the serviceability of the finished hose. The staple polyester warp ends must completely cover and protect the filament polyester filler yarns.
- Ozone resistance: The hose shall show no signs of visible cracking of the cover of the liner when tested in accordance with ASTM D1149-91 and ASTM D518-86(r91), Procedure B.
- Chemical Resistance: Exposure to seawater and contaminated by most chemicals will have no effect on the short or long term performance of the hose.
- Accelerated Aging: This hose shall meet the requirements of UL 19 for accelerated aging.
- Adhesion: The adhesive must be of uniform thickness around the circumference of the lining. The adhesion between reinforcement and liner shall be a minimum of 20 pounds.
- Low Temperature Flexibility: The hose shall be capable of safe use down to -50 degrees F. The hose shall have no apparent damage to cover reinforcement or lining when subjected the the following cold bending test: A 50-ft length of dry hose is coiled and placed in a cold box at -50 degrees F for 24 hours. The hose shall not show any damage to the reinforcement when subjected to hydrostatic acceptance test pressure. There shall be no cracking or breaking of the jacket or liner. Leakage shall be cause for rejection.
- Hydrostatic Test: Hydrostatic tests shall be conducted at point of manufacture on hose equipped with the couplings to be delivered in accordance with NFPA 1961.
- Twist: The hose shall not twist more than 4 ¼ turns per 50 ft. for the 1 ¾” size, under a pressure of 1000 PSI. No final twist in a direction to loosen the couplings shall be permitted.
- Warp: The hose shall not warp more than 20” from a straight line drawn from center to center of the fittings at the ends of the hose and the hose shall not rise from the table.
- Expansion: The expansion in circumference of the hose between 10 and 1000 PSI shall not exceed 8%.
- Elongation: Elongation shall not be less than 400%.
- Burst Test: A 3-foot sample of hose chosen at random shall withstand, without failure, a hydrostatic pressure of 1200 PSI while lying straight or curved on a 27” radius. Retention of the coupling to the hose shall equal or exceed the burst pressure.
- Kink Test: A full length shall withstand, while kinked, without failure, a hydrostatic pressure of 600 PSI.
- Method of Testing: All measurements and test to determine compliance of the fire hose with specified requirements shall be made in accordance with ASTM D 380-87 (Standard Test Methods of Rubber Hose), except as otherwise specified. All tests shall be conducted at the point of manufacture or at a laboratory equipped for such testing. All tests shall be performed as specified in NFPA 1961 (1992 Edition). Hydrostatic tests shall be conducted under controlled conditions employing equipment capable of supplying a uniform pressure.
- Warranty: The manufacturer warrants the hose to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ten years. This warranty shall provide for the repair or replacement of hose and couplings proven to have failed due to faulty material or workmanship.
|HOSE SIZE||PROOF TEST PRESSURE (PSI)||SERVICE TEST PRESSURE (PSI)||BURST TEST PRESSURE (PSI)||BOWL SIZE||WEIGHT PER 50 FT UNCOUPLED|