This specification covers the construction and performance criteria for Reel-Lite Booster hose suitable for a proof test pressure of 600 PSIG.
- JACKET CONSTRUCTION:
- The hose shall be of a single jacket construction.
- The jacket shall be made with virgin spun polyester warp yarn woven in a twill weave and it shall be treated with yellow or red Wear Guard treatment.
- The hose shall be polyurethane lined and the lining material shall be suitable for potable water (when so ordered).
- HYDROSTATIC PRESSURE TESTS:
- The hose shall have a service temperature range of -60° F to 140° F.
- The hose shall have a minimum service test pressure of 300 PSIG.
- The hose shall have a minimum proof test pressure of 600 PSIG.
- The hose shall have a minimum burst pressure of 900 PSIG. Some manufacturers state 1800 psi or more burst pressure. Reel-Lite is as safe as any competitors, but we feel 900 psi burst is more realistic. Based on testing, failure will come at the coupling before the hose. No 1” coupling is rated to withstand 1800-2000 psi.
- The hose shall have a kink radius of no greater than 4.5” and a kink diameter no less than 9”.
- The hose shall not weigh more than 20 lbs. per 100’ uncoupled.
- The coil diameter on a standard 12” reel (100’) is 18 inches.
The hose shall be coupled with hardcoat aluminum expansion ring couplings.
Field repairable couplings available.
- QUALITY ASSURANCE PROVISIONS:
Quality Standard: Hose is designed and tested to meet NFPA 1961 (current edition) Standards on Fire Hose. The fire hose furnished under the terms of this proposal has a potential service life of ten years, barring mistreatment or accidental damage that would render the hose unfit for service. The manufacturer shall be ISO 9001-2008 Quality Certified.
The manufacturer warrants the hose to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one year. This warranty shall provide for the repair or replacement of hose and couplings proven to have failed due to faulty material or workmanship.
*Single Jacket-100% High Tenacity Polyester Cover
*Circular Woven with Helical Inner Reinforcement
*Expansion Ring Couplings or Field Repairable Couplings
*Protective Treated Color-Wear Guard, Yellow or Red
*Designed for Wildland Use
*Grass and Brush Fires
Reel-Lite may be used for other applications but may have limitations that should be taken into consideration
*Flexible with Helix Reinforcement
*Low Drag Resistance
*Fully Loaded, Ready on Reel
*Can be used on a Standard 12” Reel Drum
*Should be kept charged on reel
|Hose Size||Coupling Bowl Size||Proof Test Pressure (psi)||Service Test Pressure|
|Burst Test Pressure|
|Weight per 50ft Length (uncoupled)||Weight per 100ft Length (uncoupled)|
|1”||1-3/16”||600||300||900||7 lbs||14 lbs|